Five Marks of a Disciplemaker
Jesus pointed out to his disciples that the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. He told them to pray for workers. But he didn’t stop there - immediately he sent them out to do the work. After he was raised from the dead, he commissioned the eleven to make disciples of all the nations, teaching them to observe all that he commanded.
We hope that you are engaged in making disciples "right where you are." We would love to hear your stories and to encourage and equip you.
The Navigators seek to raise up a new generation of kingdom workers, or disciplemakers, who are characterized by five progress indicators. These help us to understand our own growth and they serve as a guide to helping others. Paul said to his fellow worker, Timothy, "Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all.": (I Timothy 4:15)
1. JESUS: A passion to know, love and become like Christ
2. THE WORD: Knowing and living from the Scriptures
3. COMMUNITY: Pursuing Biblical Community
4. THE LOST: Living out the gospel among those who don’t know or follow Christ
5. SPIRITUAL GENERATIONS: Advancing the gospel through spiritual generations
We wonder how you are doing with these five marks.
And if you are interested, we would like to invite you to participate in a learning cohort to encourage you.
Please answer the following questions: